Saturday, March 12, 2011
Sunday, December 12, 2010
If you want the curator of a major museum to see your work, to be offered a solo show in Smoyer Gallery , or simply to be part of Marginal Arts Festival-then THIS is a golden opportunity!
Carter Foster, curator for the Whitney Museum of American Art will be the juror selecting pieces for Roanoke College 2011 Biennial. In addition to cash prizes, the first prize will be a solo exhibit in the college’s Smoyer Gallery during the 2011-12 season.
MAF is pleased to announce Roanoke College will include the Biennial in the 2011 Marginal Arts Festival! The showing of selected works begins with a Juror lecture/award announcement at 6 p.m. March 4 and the show will run through April 2.
Artists from within a 100-square mile radius of Roanoke are eligible. All fine arts media including painting, sculpture, graphics, ceramics, textiles, mixed media, and photography are accepted. The work must be original and executed within the last two years.
Deadline for receipt of formatted images, entry form, entry fee, and SASE is January 7. This is not a postmark deadline. All materials must be in Olin Hall Galleries by 5 p.m. The works will be judged, and selected artists will be notified starting Feb. 4. The winner will receive $500 and a solo exhibition in Smoyer gallery during the 2011-12 season.
For more information on entering or to receive an entry form, contact or leave a message Ronda Philips: (540) 375-2354 Talia Logan: (540) 375-2332 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
We need the following from you ASAP - ideally by December 10 - let us know if this doesn't work for you.
1. Name of event or exhibit, time and date, location, ticket price, audience size expected.
2. Names of artists involved, with bios (or links to bios).
3. High-res image (or information on where we can get one).
A dozen high- or low-res images for Facebook event invites would be good too.
4. Curator's Statement that describes the work, exhibit or performance (be as SPECIFIC as possible) and...
answers the questions:
Why is this marginal?
What makes it unique?
Is it a first for Roanoke?
in 100 words or less.
We also need the following, nearly ASAP but not as immediately:
5. How would you classify this event (concert/exhibit/etc.)?
6. How many volunteers do you need?*
7. What logistical support do you need?
- Monetary budget
8. Who needs to be acknowledged (sponsors, special assistance)?
9. How many artists are involved?*
* Volunteers will be receiving T-shirts and artists will be receiving passes.
Thanks so much :)